Who has time to really read a book anymore? I love to do it on vacation, preferably in a lounge chair by a pool or on the beach. However, in my everyday life, I just don’t have time to really read a book in a relaxed and attentive way. When my son was in high school, he asked me for an Audible account and when he was done using it, I continued the subscription. I’m so happy I did!
I mostly listen to motivational and educational books. I listen to them when I’m on a walk, stuck in traffic or before bed to fall asleep. The great thing about Audible is that you can keep your whole library on your phone. When you are done with a book, you can remove it from your device, but it’s still there to download later. You aren’t taking up a ton of space on your phone.
As business owners, we need motivation and tips to help up get up and run our business each day. As web designers, we need to keep learning in a constantly changing world. We need a habit of finding inspiration to keep going in times of high stress and low energy.
Here are my top 5 books that I repeatedly listen to on Audible:
- YOU ARE A BADASS: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero – When I’m having a challenging week, this is my go-to for motivation.
- THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg – We are all creatures of habit. This book will inspire you to create and keep a routine.
- ORGANIZE TODAY TOMORROW by Tom Bartow, Matthew Rudy & Jason Selk – A great book of tips to get control of you scheduled. Good news, you only need to pick one option to focus on.
- 15 SECRETS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT TIME MANAGEMENT by Kevin Kruse – One of the best books for a small business owner. It will teach you to protect your time.
- REFORM YOUR INNER MEAN GIRL by Amy Ahlers & Christine Arylo – A seven-step program that helps women transform their relationships with themselves from self-sabotage to self-love.
Those are the books I repeat on a regular basis. Right now, for training purposes, I’m reading SEO FOR GROWTH: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs. I’m enjoying it quite a bit and it has more recommendation for books to read about content creation. This helps me consult my clients on what they need to blog about and how frequently.
Audible will cost you about $15 a month for one credit (that’s what a book is). If you need more credits, they offer them at a discount.
A capacity, and taste, for reading gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others. —Abraham Lincoln