I was off the clock yesterday at 5pm and made plans to work on a big project. I realized that I needed to speed up my plans to update my websites before WordCamp US . I also realized that since we were invited to dinner at a dear friend’s house today, I didn’t have to cook and Thanksgiving morning was all mine. I could do anything I wanted. And I wanted to revamp my websites.
I started thinking about how thankful I am that I figured out what I wanted to do for a living in life. I’m lucky to be a freelancer! I know many people end up working in a field that maybe they like, but don’t love. Or they do something they don’t like at all. I remember a few jobs like that in my past. But, today, I can give thanks that I wake up everyday excited to be WebCami. I’m excited to help others and be creative. There are many things I am thankful for this year:
- YOU! Yes, you! The friends and colleagues that have joined this community mean the world to me. When something is going wrong, I turn to our Facebook group to find answers and get support. Your advice and expertise has gotten me through the toughest days and seeing everyone interact absolutely makes me giddy!
- GODADDY! What? Don’t I always complain about something wrong with GoDaddy? Well, there are no hosting companies out there that are perfect and GoDaddy is trying harder than most to listen to customers. If it weren’t for GoDaddy, I would not have as many friends in the industry as I have today. They get an “A” for effort from me.
- THE PRO ADVISORY COUNCIL! I can’t wait for each of our Zoom sessions each month. I have enjoyed meeting so many other business owners in my field along with GoDaddy team members that are interested in our thoughts. I always wish we could meet after the meeting and discuss what just happened. 🙂
- MANAGEWP! This service has changed my life. I don’t even have words to express this. In 2015, my whole business plan changed and ManageWP was the tool I found to do it.
- WP ELEVATION! This training is what lead me to developing care plans. And the Blueprint course has help me become way more efficient and to also raise my value.
- PROFITABLE PROJECT PLAN! Jennifer Bourn’s course was and is huge help to me. Her amazing organizational and communications skills inspire me.
- WORDCAMP SEATTLE! Seattle’s WordPress community is the bomb. They delivered a great WordCamp experience this year.
- COFFEE! I couldn’t do anything without it!
I hope you are all having a great day with family. Now, I’m going to whip up some cookies to take to dinner. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!