Who’s working on Labor Day? Well, I forgot to block out my calendar, so I have one phone call scheduled. Still, I plan on putting my out of office holiday message (even though I’ll be in here). We aren’t a big Labor Day traveling, camping or get-out-of-town family. We live by a public beach, so Labor Day fun is just down the street. In Seattle, this weekend usually marks the official end of summer and the beginning of fall. I’m already seeing leaves turn slightly outside my office window.
Did you know I love podcasts? I regularly listen to podcasts in my car, on walks and at the gym. This week, I stumbled on Grethen Rubin‘s, “Podcast 184: We Discuss #HappierLaborDay: How to Be Happier in Our Work Lives“. The premise is that as business owners we can use Labor Day to reflect on our labor. A time to ask what we want for our business in the coming months and years. A time to truly ask what makes us happy at work.
I love this idea! And I plan to formulate a plan for fall so when New Year’s Day rolls in, I’m ready to start the year off on the right foot. Last year, I spent my entire Christmas break rebuilding my website in the Beaver Builder theme. While I enjoyed the education, I probably could have used a bit more of a real break from the computer. I plan to put in the time now so I can kick back over the holidays.
Gretchen suggests a theme …“Ask: If I could magically achieve one aim in my work life over the next year, what would it be?”
My answer… AUTOMATION
- Start my library nights again. I stopped going over the summer. This is a great way to work on my business two hours a week.
- In that library time, I will work on finishing my sequence of moving a client through pre-written emails as we move through their project.
- I need to train in sequencing emails in MixMax and upgrade my plan there.
- Clean up my client mailing lists in Mailchimp for recurring client newsletters. I’m not consistent here.
- Get both Content Snare and My new client portal program ready for all new projects in 2019.
- Consider client portals for all care plan clients to request maintenance, download W9s, etc.
- Keep training in Beaver Builder Themer.
- Get transitioned from Insightly to Trello for project management. Insightly lost its GMAIL widget and rendered itself pretty useless for me.
Whew. I have a ton to do to get ready for 2019. I’m so happy I’m starting NOW!
Have a #HappierLaborDay! Please let the cafe know what you think about the podcast 🙂