Online Community for Web Designers
WebCami Cafe is officially open for business!
I’m Cami MacNamara, a self-employed web designer in Seattle, Washington. I started designing websites for small businesses and nonprofits in 2002.
I’m excited to wake up and do what I love every day. I’ve been passionate about design and art since I was a kid. I loved making signs for my parents’ handbag business, school pep rallies, and even photo collages for friends. Of course, this was before we had computers, so I was kickin’ it old school with scissors, tape, markers, and poster board. In high school, my favorite class was Yearbook, which steered me to study graphic design in college. After a career in corporate retail that centered around computers, I found myself a stay-at-home mom with an HTML for Dummies book. The rest is history.
I’ve been enjoying the web designer communities I am a member of so much that I wanted to start my own. Someday, I might offer an online course, but for now, I hope to share blog posts and offer my support and encouragement to those just starting, exploring possibilities, or designers just looking for someone to listen to and help.
Starting and running your own business as a solopreneur can be lonely. But, when it’s just you and your computer day after day, connecting and feeling a sense of community is needed. So, I would love to create something that might help others find their passion in web design, as I did!
If you’d like to be a member, please take a moment and
Here are the communities & blogs I look to for support regularly:
- Beaver Builder Facebook Group: I started using Beaver Builder in 2016, and this has been a great place to get support for what I believe is the best page builder on the market.
- Content Creators Facebook Group by Kim Doyal: Years ago, Kim trained me to use the Genesis theme, and she has been a fantastic inspiration (and friend) ever since.
- The Admin Bar: This rapidly growing Facebook group is a constant source of great information for WordPress designers.
- Jennifer Bourn: I took Jennifer’s course in 2018, and it was the best investment I’ve ever made in my business training. She has a private group for her students, but you can learn more about all her course offerings on her Facebook page.
- Web Designer Pro: I recently joined (2023) this community to take Josh Hall’s courses and connect with more web designers. I love his podcast and even though I’ve been doing this for 20 years, I know there are tips that are going to help me streamline my processes.
- Agency Mavericks: When I started this training in June of 2017, this course was called WP Elevation. While geared toward agencies, it gave me great tools for running my business as a one-person operation.
- WP Project Manager’s Academy: Beth Livingston and I met at WordCamp St. Louis in 2019 as part of the GoDaddy team. Beth has excellent free and premium courses available online that I highly recommend.
I hope WebCami Cafe gets added to your list!