You might be asking yourself, “What is a GoDaddy Ambassador?” Well, I’m going to be on Team GoDaddy at WordCamp Seattle. I’ve got GoDaddy gear to wear and I’ll be working in the GoDaddy booth. I plan to share with other designers and developers how I use the GoDaddy Pro tools to help manage my clients and my business.
Since I’m the first person to do this, there’s a lot I don’t know. But, I’m super excited that GoDaddy is moving in this direction. I feel like they need the voices of designer and developer customers to help them reach the clients they need to appeal to the most, other web designers and developers! The DIY market is a different clientele and mostly what GoDaddy advertising caters to. But one web designer or developer can bring hundreds of clients to GoDaddy. Designers and developers are a tough crowd. Even I have issues with some of GoDaddy’s products. But even a skeptic can make the most of what they offer to web design business owners:
- The GoDaddy Pro dashboard allows me to access my client accounts (if they’ve delegated access to me) to gain access directly through my account. Finding SFTP login info and accessing the database, for example.
- ProSites is direct access to ManageWP. This is the king of all tools that I use. Because my dashboard also gives me access to my clients accounts, I can check on things for them quickly.
- Clients that are hosted at GoDaddy get freebies at GoDaddy in ProSites – like back ups and security scans. This can save me money on monthly fees.
- I get reward points when I shop for clients at GoDaddy. I use them to purchase my own GoDaddy products.
- Since many clients buy domains at GoDaddy, using their Pro Dashboard is a no-brainer!
How did this happen? I’ve been on the GoDaddy Pro Advisory Council for more that a year. Last year, I attended the GoDaddy Pro Summit and met some great people (you know who you are) while I was there. It was a great experience and I know this one will be, too. I’m hoping they roll this out to other Pro Advisory Council members. I plan to do my best to make this a success for them!
RESOURCES: WebCami.com – GoDaddy Pro Summit 2017